Friday, May 11, 2007

Immigrants and Leprosy. Another joke (or "so called" facts) promoted by Lou Da Clown

If you miss the 60 minutes last Sunday, you miss another big show from the friend of all little kids Lou the Clown
( see here: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/05/03/60minutes/main2758082.shtml)

One of his So Called facts was unmasked by Stahl:

"Following a report on illegal immigrants carrying diseases into the U.S., one of the correspondents on his show, Christine Romans, told Dobbs that there have been 7,000 cases of leprosy in the U.S. in the past three years. 60 Minutes checked that and found a report issued by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, saying that 7,000 is the number of leprosy cases over the last 30 years, not the past three. The report also says that nobody knows how many of those cases involve illegal immigrants. "We went to try and check that number, 7,000. We can’t…," Stahl says. "Well, I can tell you this. If we reported it, it’s a fact," Dobbs replies. "You can’t tell me that. You did report it," Stahl says. "I just did," Dobbs says. "How can you guarantee that to me?" Stahl asks. Says Dobbs, "Because I'm the managing editor. And that’s the way we do business. We don’t make up numbers, Lesley." "That’s a strange attitude for a reporter to have, 'I don't need anymore facts. I know what the truth is,'" says Mark Potok, who monitors hate groups for the Southern Poverty Law Center. "

You will tell me that this entertainer has the real facts and 60 minutes is wrong. They might bring bias to some of their reports but I trust them more as journalist than our next Vegas Clown.

No comments: